June 12, 2011

Blogomatic



So I missed a week. When I started this blog, I didn't set out to make this a weekly thing but it evolved and settled into a punctual once-a-week illustration.
I've never done a blog or anything like this so it's a bit of an experiment for me. I'm deciding how to make the drawings the best that I can and still meet a regular production deadline. I feel that if I miss another week, it will make it easier to miss another after that. I can see how it could spiral out of control and then I'd stop doing it. There's the instinct to keep on working on illustrations and ideas until they are good enough and then post. There's also a 'I could post something when I get inspired' approach. I'm starting to notice that it's probably not going to happen if I wait for each post to be perfect or just the 'right moment'.
It's about discipline. Although I am enjoying doing this (and getting faster as I go), I feel like some sort of 'Blogomatic' - pumping out ideas. (Which is a good thing!)

1 comment: